UPDATE 1: Sadly, it seems the pre-release fun is at an end, as Samsung appears to have locked down S Voice and prevented the leaked APK from connecting to its servers. This means any query sent to to S Voice on a non-Galaxy S III device will return a “network error” message, as you’ll see above. (Funnily enough, Apple did the exact same thing when Siri was initially hacked to run on the iPhone 4, so no huge surprises there.)
So that’s that. If you don’t want to publicly embarrass yourself by shouting “Hi Galaxy” into your palm, you’ll have to wait until the official launch of the Galaxy S III, which takes place in London next Tuesday, May 29.
When Samsung shows off the Galaxy S III features, we got excited with S Voice app which is an answer to Apple’s Siri. S Voice should arrive with Galaxy S III but what if you can try this right now on your existing Android Phone? Yes you can, if got a phone running on Android 4.0+. The S Voice apk pulled from the Galaxy S III and were made available publicly by xda member Ascarface23.
Note that the apk will work only devices running on Ice Cream Sandwich. If you are good to go, follow the step below:
How to Install S Voice
- Download S Voice apk / mirror downlaod
- Extract the download .rar file (use 7-Zip to extract) to obtain the voicetalk.apk file of S Voice.
- Transfer the voicetalk.apk to your phone.
- You’ll need a file manager to browse through SD Card. If you don’t have one already, use this file manager (install for free from your current Google Play Store/Android Market app.
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Applications on the phone, so that you can install applications from SD Card. If you are on Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0, find it under Settings » Security.
- Open file manager app and go to directly where you transferred the APK file in Step 4.
- Find and tap on the file to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in less than a minute. That’s it.
- If you failed, here is an alternative way to do: opy and paste into system/app
Long press S-Voice.apk and press permissions.
Set them to:
then in /system/app with root explorer and installing it like a normal app! (thx KonstantinKeller )
- You can now run S Voice from your installed applications list.
The apk tested on Galaxy nexus and reported to work almost perfect with some small hiccups. Stay tuned with us at Facebook and Twitter, Google Plus to get updates on latest Android Hack and APK files. source.