A simple guide to perform Factory Reset or Hard Reset on Motorola Moto E.
Many of us fall for the spectacular Motorola Moto E with its great specifications at a very low price tag. If you are the owner of a new Moto E and somehow ends up with a situation you want to Factory reset your phone or want to perform a hard reset then follow the guide below to do the task properly.
A factory reset to your Motorola E is recommended in a various situation such as in case you bricked the phone, want to boost the performance of the phone, forgot the password or pin to unlock the phone. Whatever the reason to do the factory reset there are several things to be aware of.
Note: Resetting the device to its factory state will erase completely the content of your device (all the apps, data, and settings). Make sure to backup your necessary apps data. You can use a good Android backup tool in order to create a backup.
Sync your contacts and other data with your Google Account to restore them when your device is ready again. Make sure your device is charged for at least 60%.
You can either perform the reset through phone’s setting menu or use the hardware button. The latter comes handy in a situation when you can not access the phone.
How to Fctory Reset Moto E from the Settings menu
- Go to the Menu of your handset.
- Next, go to “Settings”.
- Select the “Backup and Reset” option.
- Next, choose the “Factory data reset phone” option.
- Select “Reset phone” and wait for the procedure to be completed.
How to Hard Reset Moto E using hardware buttons.
- First, turn off the Motorola E.
- Enter your device into fast boot mode by pressing simultaneously the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons.
- navigate through the menu using the “Volume” buttons. Go to the “Recovery” option and select it by pressing the “Power” button.
- Now, chose the “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options.
- Scroll down and select “yes” to confirm that you want to remove all files.
- Once finished, go back to main menu of recovery and select ‘Reboot system now’.
Well done, you’ve just successfully factory reset your Moto E. Hopefully your phone now run smoothly as it were out of the box. Let us know in the comments section how the procedure gone for you.