In this article we will learn how to factory reset or hard reset the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge smartphone.
Hard Reset is a procedure that allows you to restore a phone to initial factory settings. Without any doubt, The NEXT from the Korean giant Samsung is one of the best smartphones in 2015, as it is packed with all the latest technology. But that does not mean that you will not face any problem with your new Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge handset.
Are you facing problems with your new S6 device, or do you want to hand over your device to someone else? Whatever the reason is, sometimes you need to do a hard reset or wipe out your Samsung Galaxy S6. So today we show different ways to perform this procedure on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
This type of operation involves the loss of all personal data contained within your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge, such as email accounts, programs, address book, and other settings. So, you should back up the data before wiping out your Galaxy smartphone. It is possible by moving your personal data in the Micro SD or PC, or by using dedicated backup applications.
Guide to Hard Reset the Galaxy s6 and S6 Edge, procedures for restoring phone.
The Hard Reset can be performed in two ways, all completely equivalent to each other. The first option is suitable for you when you can access the menus of the mobile phone and want to restore. The second option is recommended for those who have a frozen device, thus can not access the menus. You have to do the factory data reset via physical buttons. Let’s check the two available options below.
Restoring the Galaxy S6 or s6 edge through System Settings menu
- Enter the system settings.
- Select Backup and Restore.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Restore device.
- Confirm by pressing Delete All.
Hard Reset galaxy s6 or s6 edge through physical buttons
- Turn off your Galaxy S6
- Now hold down the buttons VOLUME UP + HOME + POWER, waiting for the ignition. Immediately after the vibration of the smartphone, release the “Power” button but continue to hold down the “Volume Up” and “Home” button.
- Release all keys when you see the Samsung Logo on your phone’s screen.
- After that a new page appears displaying “Android System Recovery”.
- Using “Volume Down”, locate and select “Wipe Data / Factory Reset”.
- Press the “Power / Home” button to start the operation.
- Confirm by selecting Yes, delete all user data.
The hard reset has just been performed. You still have some small doubt?
We must say it again: These two procedures shown above will erase all files and programs stored on your S6 or S6 Edge. So don’t forget to make a backup.