Twitter for Android just got an update. Brings New layout! Better speed! Re-tweeting improved, improved user profile pages, and some new features for Android Twitter users which have bee available for iOS user. Now you can refresh feeds just pulling down the screen, swipe across a tweet for options like sharing or replying, or quote a tweet.
Discover what’s happening right now, anywhere in the world with the official Twitter for Android app. Realtime search, trending topics and maps show whats happening now. Tweet, send DMs, share photos, videos and links to your friends and the world.
Full list of Fixes and new features in this release from TwitterHelp:
- Promoted tweets in search. Searching for a topic will return promoted tweets if there are any.
- Speed improvement for Timeline/lists. Scrolling Tweets is lot smoother now.
- About, Privacy & Terms added to Settings. Go to Home -> Settings -> About to see what version of Twitter for Android you are running.
- Quote/Retweet confirmation dialog. The user has the option to either Retweet, Quote, or cancel when tapping on the retweet icon.
- Cleaner timeline
- Tweet details. Tap a tweet to view its details.
- Tweet actions in search results (retweet, favorite, share, reply)
- Pull-to-refresh. From the top of a list, pull down and release to refresh the list.
- Swipe to reveal. From your timeline, fling a Tweet left or right to reveal actions underneath.
- Inline maps. Open a tweet with a geolocation to view a map inline with its content.
- Search results now contain top tweets
- Page break. If you haven’t refreshed in a while, you may see a page break in your timeline. Tap the page break to load tweets.
Twitter was developed for Android by Twitter, Inc.
Package name : com.twitter.android.apk
File size: 1.9MB