Samsung launched a service called SamsungDive which not only allow track a device, but also take control over it remotely. We often forget our Smartphone and Tablet in restaurant, cab or in worst case they may even end up in a thief’s pocket. It’s not about the device itself, in this modern life we carry a lot of important Data both personal and for business in our Smartphones, losing them or let them become public can be caused of serious problem.
SamsungDive is great relief from this tension and could be a life saver. With SamsungDive you can track your device by using its known phone number and unique product ID. Let’s see what SamsungDive will give you:
- The ability to find your mobile – It will give you the GPS position of your phone.
- Track your mobile – It will give you the GPS position of your phone for 12 hours at intervals of 15 minutes
- Lock your mobile with a message & restrict calls – You can lock your device screen and include a message of up to 100 characters. The user can not access the phone functions other than to call one number which you will enter from the web based portal. A lock and unlock pin will be requested so only you can unlock the phone when you get it back.
- Remotely activate the sound/Ring your mobile – As it suggests, you can ring the mobile and try and scare off the current occupier, speak to the person who has the phone or try and hunt it down within your home or office if you know that is where you left it!
- View the call log – Retrieve the call logs of the device and see if you can track your device down that way.
- Wipe the device remotely – The more extreme but potentially safest option if you have sensitive data on the device, this option removes all data on the device so that someone can not access it.
SamsungDive service is available for Free of charge and support following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
- Samsung Galaxy S II
- Samsung Galaxy