Use Samsung Galaxy S5 Android phone as a mobile hotspot to share the internet connection with your PC or any other device which has WiFi connectivity.
Note that some data plans may not work with mobile hotspot if your carrier does not allow. If you run into issues or have problems, the first thing to do is make sure you are in a compatible data plan with your carrier.
How to convert Samsung Galaxy S5 into a wireless hotspot.
Here is how to create a Mobile Hotspot on Galaxy S5:
- Slide down the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S5 to pull down the notifications shade.
- Tap the settings icon in the top right.
- Now find Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot option and tap on it to select.
- Press Mobile Hotspot in the following menu.
- Turn it on by pressing the top button on / off.
- Press OK on the screen advising you that WiFi will be turned off.
- Your S5 is now an active hotspot. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the screen to connect another device to your Galaxy S5 smartphone.
How to change the password and security in wireless hotspot Galaxy S5 :
By default your Galaxy S5 adds a password to the function of mobile hotspot with WPA2 security. Follow the steps below to change any of these settings:
- Slide down the home screen of your device to pull down the Notifications shade.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Now press Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Choose the mobile hotspot.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right to see more options.
- Choose configure.
- In this screen you can change and select the password of your choice, and change any other settings you want, including the security type, and then click Save. Password will be required to connect to and use the shared connection.
You have successfully turned on the WiFi hotspot feature on galaxy s5. The wireless network you have just created can be found immediately on your other devices. Just connect to the network and start browsing the internet.