Google has started to deliver latest version of Andorid OS Ice Cream Sandwich to Nexus S devices. At the moment all GSM/UMTS Nexus S getting the Android 4.0.3 update, CDMA Nexus S owners will have to wait more for the update. Ice Cream Sandwich for Nexus S gradually rolling out to different regions, if your device not showing any notification for the update yet, don’t worry as it will be available soon to all region. By the time you may manually checkout going Settings > About phone > System update. Once the update become available, be sure to get it done through wi-fi network so you can save a large amount of data on your plan.
IF you already know what you will get with Andorid 4.0 (checkout Ice Cream Sandwich High-lights), we are sure you don’t wanna wait anymore! Well, here is how to install android 4.0.3 ice cream sandwich update mannulay right now. Just follow the instructions and below. It’s pretty simple!
- Download the official Android 4.0.3 ICS zip and rename it to ‘update.zip’
- Copy the renamed file to your Nexus S and make sure to place in root directory, not inside any other folder
- Power off your Nexus S and boot it into recovery mode (Hold down Volume Up+Power button together, you will enter in fast boot mode, using volume buttons navigate to Recover and select with power button, you should enter in to recovery mode)
- Now from Nexus S recovery menu chose update from SD card and select the ‘update.zip’ file you copied before with power button. Rest of the things will be done by automatically.
- Once the updating process get done just re-boot the phone and you will be welcome by Andrid Ice Cream Sandwich.
Make sure to charge your phone fully before you do the above task, otherwise you may kill the device during the upgrading process. Let us know how it goes. Good lunch! You may also checkout this article: Download CyanogenMod 9 Alpha build for Nexus S and Galaxy S I9000, brings Android 4.0 on your phone.