An easy to follow guide to factory Reset or wipe all data on HTC ONE M8 with a hard reset.
Having issues with your Htc One m8? If your device has a persistent problem such as not performing as expected, lags or you need to completely wipe out the phone then a factory Reset or Hard Reset the HTC ONE M8 will solve your problem. Doing a factory reset will revert your phone into its original state as out of the box.
Note that doing such task will delete all your settings, personal data such as contacts, emails, accounts and all users downloaded apps. So make sure to sync your phone and make a backup of your apps before you proceed to do a factory reset.
You can also chose to completely wipe out the device storage to delete other media files such as Photos, Music, Videos and other Document files which comes necessary in case you hand over the device to someone.
How to do a factory reset on Htc One M8 from settings menu:
- Go to Settings, and then tap on Backup & reset option.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If you want to wipe the Htc One M8 to erase media, documents, and other data from the phone storage, select Erase all data otherwise leave the
- You can also delete media and other data from storage card, select Erase SD card.
- Tap OK and wait for the device to be re-booted.
How to do a hard reset on Htc One M8 mannually using hardware buttons:
- First switched off your phone.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment to get help from other users in case you are not able to perform the reset task.