Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread Update for Motorola Droid X on it’s way. But if you can’t wait more, p3droid from TeamBlackHat just released a leaked official Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) software update build for the Motorola DROID X (see here for Droid 2). You must have the DROID X Bootstrapper by Koush to be able to go recovery mode which will allow you to install Gingerbread on your Droid X.
How to Install Gingerbread Firmware on Droid X:
1. Download this ROM file from one of the mirrors.
2. Use Bootstrap to get your phone into recovery.
3. Create a backup (This is not compatible with new firmware) then Install the Firmware using recovery
1. select install zip from sdcard
2. choose zip from sdcard
3. navigate to teamblackhat folder
4. select the file you downloaded
5. Restart phone
If your phone bootloops you need to enter recovery and wipe data:
1. hold down power and home.
2. when you see the triangle hold down both volume buttons
3. select wipe data/factory reset —press power button to select
4. reboot system
Watch below the Video overview of Gingerbread running on Motorola Droid X:
As usual you do everything at your own risk. Though that was an easy to install guide, checkout more info at source link. Stay tuned with us at Facebook and Twitter to keep yourself updated on Motorola Droid X Gingerbread Update. source.