Not only Droid X got leaked Gingerbread Update, the leaked Android 2.3.3 official update now available for Droid 2 too! p3droid from TeamBlackHat just released a leaked official Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) software update build for the Motorola DROID 2. You must have the DROID 2 Bootstrapper by Koush from Android market which will cost $2 to be able to go recovery mode which will allow you to install Gingerbread on your Droid 2.
Installation guide for Gingerbread Firmware on Droid 2:
1. Download this ROM file from one of the mirrors.
2. Use Bootstrap to get your phone into recovery.
3. Create a backup (This is not compatible with new firmware) then Install the Firmware using recovery
1. select install zip from sdcard
2. choose zip from sdcard
3. navigate to teamblackhat folder
4. select the file you downloaded
5. Restart phone
6. Re-activate your phone
1. dial *228
2. select 1
If your phone bootloops you need to wipe data to enter recovery:
1. hold down x and power button
2. when you see the triangle hold down both volume buttons
3. select wipe data/factory reset —press power button to select
4. reboot system
If your phone asks you to select/create an account
1. press the home button
2. go to accounts (you may be sent there automatically)
3. select done
As usual you do everything at your own risk. Though that was an easy to install guide, checkout more info at source link. Stay tuned with us at Facebook and Twitter to keep yourself updated on Motorola Droid 2 Gingerbread Update. source.