Xperia X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro owners, you are not out of the game yet! Though these android handsets are quite old now but that doesn’t mean they can’t get taste of latest Android OS. XDA Developer paul-xxx has managed to port CM9 (CyanogenMod 9 based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich) to the X8, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro. According to the xda:
Since the launch of Ice Cream Sandwich, users have been patiently awaiting the delivery of stable ROMs suitable for daily use. Enter XDA Senior Member paul-xxx, who has managed to port CM9 to the X8, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro.
Follow the steps below to download and install CyanogenMod 9 (Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM) On Xperia X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro:
- First make sure your phone is rooted and have ClockwordMod recovery installed. back up your personal data such as photos, videos, contacts.
- Head over to XDA frown thread for your specific device and Download the CyanogenMod 9 ROM for your device:
- Once downloaded, transfer the .zip file to your device’s internal storage / sdcard. Be sure to place it directly under /sdcard directory.
- Now turn off your device and then enter in ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery mode using key combination (google for you device combination since it vary device to device).
- Create a nandroid backup of your device using ROM Manager, switch on the phone and make sure to transfer the backup image to your desktop computer from/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup!
- Again go to the recovery mode, from CWM menu wipe data/factory reset. Also be sure to wipe cache and wipe Dalvik cache from under the advanced menu.
- Finally from the main menu, install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [download CM( ROM .zip file]. Once completed, from main menu chose reboot system now. You will be greeted with Ice Cream Sandwich.
As always, remember getandroidstuff.com not responsible if it goes wrong way. Proceed only if you are familiar with Flashing ROM. Stay tuned with us at Facebook and Twitter, Google Plus to get updates on latest Android Ice Cream sandwich ROMs.