Rumor suggest Android 4.0 update for Nexus S 4G on it’s way but the guys over breifmobile has managed to get their hands early on a leaked official stock image files of Android 4.0 update for Nexus S 4G. This is the official IMM76D ICS ROM which should arrive on Nexus S 4G over the air update in anytime soon.
According to testers the leaked ROM seems working without any bug but their is always risk flashing rom on any device if you don’t have the proper knowledge. If you can’t just wait for the official release and had some experience on playing with custom roms then you may follow the instructions below in courtesy of Briefmobile to get ICS running on your Nexus S 4G. As always, we are not responsible of it’s go wrong way.
Warning: This will wipe your data entirely. BriefMobile is not liable for your actions. This has been fully tested and is working 100%.
- Download and unzip IMM76Drelease-keys.zip: Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 | Mirror 3
- Install the NS4G drivers
- Download and unzip Odin v1.85
- Open “Odin3_v1.85.exe”
- Power off the Nexus S 4G
- Put the Nexus S 4G into “Download Mode” by holding both Volume Up+Down then simply press thePower Button
- Connect the Nexus S 4G to your computer. Ensure Odin recognizes it. You should see “0:[COM#]” fill in the first box.
- Click “BOOTLOADER” and select “SPH-D720_IMM76D_KE1_BOOTLOAD_signed.tar”
- Click “PDA” and select “SPH-D720_IMM76D_PDA_signed.tar”
- Click “PHONE” and select “SPH-D720_IMM76D_LC1_Modem_signed.tar”
- Click “Start”
- After it is finished, the NS4G will reboot and it will be running Android 4.0.4 IMM76D. Congratulation!