Get a little taste of upcoming Android M right now with the pulled Android M launcher apk!
With the release of the new version of Android in its preview of Android M, Google also works on a new launcher for Android. The pitcher of experience Android M launcher is officially exclusive to the Nexus 5, 6 and 9. But you can easily download and install it on any other Android smartphone or tablet. Here we leave a little tutorial with which you will be able to install this new Launcher on your device.
Here’s how to download and install Android M home launcher on any Android device with the new app drawer right away in a few simple steps.
- To get the application on your device, at first, you need to download the ‘Google Now Launcher’ (Google now launcher) and install it on your device if you haven’t already.
- Once the app is installed, press the home button and leave it as the default launcher, and tap always in the popup window that is displayed.
- With the default Launcher Google Now, you now need to download and install the new Android M Launcher apk file from here. To install the .apk, it is important to have enabled the unknown origins options. For this, go to Settings> Security> Unknown sources and press On.
- Once the download is complete, install the new Google launcher on your device.
- After installing the Android M Launcher, you have to clear the cache. For this go to Settings> Applications and look for Google Now Launcher. Tap Google Now Launcher and clear the cache.
Go back and look for the Google App. It is also important to clear the cache for this app.
Since this is done, hit the home button, and you can see the new version of Google Launcher on the screen of your device.
It should be noted that cleaning the cache helps you avoid nasty bug associated with the launcher and Google App. If the cache is not cleared, the icons in the app drawer and the home screen will literally be a disaster that you do not want.
If you decide to uninstall Android M launcher, here’s how to do:
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for the Google app.
- An uninstall option will appear on that page, tap on it.
- Already uninstalled the app, repeat steps 1 and 2, but this time hit the Update buttons.
- Head over to Settings > Apps and uninstall Google Now Launcher.
You will now have reverted back to your previous launcher.
Hope you’ll like the improved looks and feel of new Android M Launcher. You should also check out our list of Best Android Launcher App for Free.